Job Post: HA/JA - LBTC
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide accurate and timely testing of packaging and packaging materials for client plants and their customers. Accurately document and report results in a timely manner.
1. Receive, record, store, track and dispose of samples and materials to be tested.
2. Communicate with requesting parties and customers as necessary to clarify testing or technical assistance needs.
3. Perform testing of paperboard, packaging materials, and packaged products according to TAPPI, ASTM, ISO, ISTA or other accepted test methods. Maintain data in a central filing system.
4. Report test results in a standard format in a timely and accurate manner.
5. Perform routine equipment calibration checks and collaborative tests to ensure accurate test results. Request maintenance as required.
6. Assist in training, presentations, lab tours and demonstrations.
Education Competencies Skills
A high school diploma is required. A two-year Associate’s Degree in business or science is a plus.
0 to 1 year prior paper testing experience is required. Prior work in a laboratory environment is a plus.
Solid work experience with Microsoft Word and Excel. Good written and verbal skills are preferred.
Ability to interact in a professional, effective manner with customers and production employees is required.
A self-motivated, “can-do” work ethic is a must. Good mechanical and visualization skills are required.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence, diversity and inclusion.
For more information, please contact 312-236-4645 or email email@example.com and reference Lab Tech