Job Post: ID
The Operations Specialist will be responsible for the daily management of door to door shipments by ocean. The duties include providing quotes, making booking with carriers, coordinating pick up and deliveries, customs clearance, filing AES, and handling other facets of international shipping.
· Handle international transportation processes.
· Pricing/Quoting experience for all modes (ocean, rail, LCL, FCL, ground)
· Work with ocean carriers & co-loaders on global rate negotiations
· Managing and tracking multiple customers and their containers which include:
· Daily status updates to customers
· Coordinating and communicating with outside vendors
· Reconcile import files and accurate data input of import files in company computer systems
· Follow-up and finalize all import shipments with appropriate party
· Recommend potential products or services to customers
· Using a nationwide tracing system, trace every pending container. Monitor the on water transit & once arrived the US, the rail movement of each FCL/LCL shipment.
· Gather the information to prepare arrival notices with info from the origin & carriers, provide info to either our brokerage team or outside broker for customs clearance.
· Upon clearance, work with CFS or Steamship to clear any originals docs requirements and/or payments.
· Keep customers in constant communication with important milestones and if needed resolve any issues to insure smooth service.
· Track and Trace Inbound Ocean shipments
· Ensure timely delivery of cargo to customer
· Process documents and issue arrival notices timely and accurately
· Ability to work with demanding deadlines from customers
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence, diversity and inclusion.