Compile data, compute fees and charges, and prepare invoices for billing purposes. Duties include computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipment of goods; posting data; and keeping other relevant records. May involve use of computer or calculator, and adding and bookkeeping machines.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Operate typing, adding, calculating, or billing machines.
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Review documents such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records to compute fees or charges due.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping other records concerning costs of goods or services or the shipment of goods.
- Keep records of invoices and support documents.
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Type billing documents, shipping labels, credit memorandums, or credit forms, using typewriters or computers.
- Contact customers to obtain or relay account information.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Accounting software — Accurate NXG; Blackbaud The Financial Edge; FlexiLedger software; Intuit Quicken software
- Compliance software — Corporate Responsibility System Technologies Limited CRSTL Compliance Positioning System; FLS eDP.Payrolltax; Intrax ProcedureNet; Paisley Cardmap
- Document management software — Accutrac software; Document management system software; OmniRIM software; Records management software
- Financial analysis software — AuditWare software; MethodWare ProAudit Advisor; Paisley AutoAudit; RSM McGladrey Auditor Assistant
- Project management software — HCSS HeavyBid; HCSS HeavyJob; Sage Master Builder
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to
- Title: Job Zone Three Medium Preparation Needed
- Education: Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
- Related Experience: Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required for these occupations. For example, an electrician must have completed three or four years of apprenticeship or several years of vocational training, and often must have passed a licensing exam, in order to perform the job.
- Job Training: Employees in these occupations usually need one or two years of training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.
- Job Zone Examples: These occupations usually involve using communication and organizational skills to coordinate, supervise, manage, or train others to accomplish goals. Examples include food service managers, electricians, agricultural technicians, legal secretaries, interviewers, and insurance sales agents.
- Specific Vocational Preparation in years: (6.0 to < 7.0)