Directs and coordinates the operations of business or department. Implements company policies and procedures. Must have strong leadership skills, be able to work well with a team and have the ability to work independently with little or no supervision. Superior decision-making skills, problem-solving skills and conflict-management abilities are also vital. Must have a thorough knowledge of the company, its culture and its products and services and be able to work with all levels of management and have superior training and delegation abilities. Requires a minimum of 5 years management experience and a Bachelor's or Masters Degree in a related field of study.
- Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Plan and direct activities such as sales promotions, coordinating with other department heads as required.
- Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
- Locate, select, and procure merchandise for resale, representing management in purchase negotiations.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Job Zone Three: Medium Preparation Needed
- Education: Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
- Related Experience: Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required for these occupations. For example, an electrician must have completed three or four years of apprenticeship or several years of vocational training, and often must have passed a licensing exam, in order to perform the job.
- Job Training: Employees in these occupations usually need one or two years of training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.
- Job Zone Examples: These occupations usually involve using communication and organizational skills to coordinate, supervise, manage, or train others to accomplish goals.
- Specific Vocational Preparation in years: (6.0 to 7.0)