Retrieve items from inventory and pack or package by hand a wide variety of products and materials.
- Load materials and products into package processing equipment.
- Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
- Place or pour products or materials into containers, using hand tools and equipment, or fill containers from spouts or chutes.
- Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks.
- Transport packages to customers' vehicles.
- Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers, using hand tools.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Title: Job Zone Two: Some Preparation Needed
- Education: These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
- Related Experience: Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is usually needed. For example, a teller would benefit from experience working directly with the public.
- Job Training: Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.
- Job Zone Examples: These occupations often involve using your knowledge and skills to help others. Examples include sheet metal workers, forest fire fighters, customer service representatives, physical therapist aides, salespersons (retail), and tellers.
- Specific Vocational Preparation in years: (4.0 to < 6.0)