Prepare cost accounting records such as subcontracting, field service, sales costs, and research and development costs. Compute project costs, compare actual costs to estimates and analyzes variances.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Maintain or examine the records of government agencies.
- Advise clients in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax or estate plans.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses or individuals.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Accounting software — Accurate NXG; Blackbaud The Financial Edge; FlexiLedger software; Intuit Quicken software
- Compliance software — Corporate Responsibility System Technologies Limited CRSTL Compliance Positioning System; FLS eDP.Payrolltax; Intrax ProcedureNet; Paisley Cardmap
- Document management software — Accutrac software; Document management system software; OmniRIM software; Records management software
- Financial analysis software — AuditWare software; MethodWare ProAudit Advisor; Paisley AutoAudit; RSM McGladrey Auditor Assistant
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to
- Title: Job Zone Four Considerable Preparation Needed
- Education Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
- Related Experience A considerable amount of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, an accountant must complete four years of college and work for several years in accounting to be considered qualified.
- Job Training Employees in these occupations usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
- Job Zone Examples Many of these occupations involve coordinating, supervising, managing, or training others. Examples include accountants, sales managers, database administrators, teachers, chemists, environmental engineers, criminal investigators, and special agents.
- Specific Vocational Preparation in years(7.0 to < 8.0)