The Top 10 Ways You Can Prevent Repetitive Stress Injuries
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration estimates 100 million people
now suffer from forms of Repetitive Stress Injuries. It's a real problem that could
cripple your earning ability, but there are some simple steps you can take to make
sure you stay healthy.
- Adjust your chair height so that your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Where possible, break up your day to avoid repeating the same wrist flexions for more than three hours at a time.
- Take breaks from the keyboard to stretch and move around.
- Sit straight and don't lean forward to reach the keyboard.
- Adjust your keyboard height so that your forearms are parallel to the floor.
- Keep wrists parallel to the floor.
- Don't rest your wrists on the desk.
- Hold your hands in a straight line with your elbows without bending your wrists.
- Use arms to move hands around to reach keys rather than reaching with fingers.
- Avoid off-work activities that require repetitive flexions of the wrist.
AppleOne sets the highest standard in the job market industry. If your looking for a great career, AppleOne is your job agency!
"View More Testimonials